Friday, August 12, 2011

Amanda

I be me, myself and I.
(Amanda)
I be Oreo’s.
I be the classic combination because when the icy cold sensation meets the dark delicious chocolate its so hard to hide the kid inside.
I be a sister to Gracie Anne, a niece to Cherry, Deb, Karen, Joel, Tim and Tex, a cousin to Shayna, Kristi, Joe, Megan, Jeremy, Connor, Spencer, Braden, and Gregg.
I be a daughter to Big Dave and Dr. Hunt.
I be the 145, the Sheridan red line stop running down Irving Park, trying not to get hit by cars.
I be 60613.
I be Mandie Moore, Amanda Miguel.
I be sweat, grime, the works-- overwhelmed and filled with ambition.
I be a granddaughter of Papa Shirl and Mama Hunt.
I be stuck in between-- at the wrong place at the wrong time.
I be the wind.
I be the ball, the last winning shot.
I be the field.
I be number fifteen.
I be Ogden International School of Chicago.
I be born and raised, Chicago Illinois-- a brick, there to stay.
I be frosted flakes with no milk in the house.
I be street smart, waiting for the cops sirens to go off.
I be lying because I just don’t know what else to do.
I be C.P six years running until time gives in.
I be feather earrings and cross necklaces.
I be the best that I can be, even though I be getting let down by the people around me.
I be running home before the cops come because I know I’m out passed curfew.
I be the shame and the things that people are constantly trying to hide.
I be through alleyways-- in and out.
I be my best friend’s bailout.
I be the first one in and the last to leave.
I be game on thirty minutes before-hand.
I be the crack-head McDonald's-- Chicago and State.
I be gum-stained dirty chi-city streets, Washington park and Newberry Library.
I be kids getting jumped on the 66.
I be Bellevue Avenue.
I be sheltered from pills popping, weed rolling, guns shooting, blunts blowing and cops chasing.
I be Law & Order SVU on USA.
I be calling just to say hello.
I be cheating in math only because I can’t keep up.
I be taking stop signs with the one and only Tanovic.
I be just saying thanks because your hate is what gave me my strength.
I be me, myself, and I, all in one and at the same time.















No comments:

Post a Comment